Top

Fire at Marist College Suppressed by Automatic Sprinkler System

On March 19, 2014, a fire broke out at a Marist College  Townhouse. The fire was in the kitchen area and when firefighters arrived they found a smoke condition in the apartment with a sprinkler system activated. There were no injuries as a result of the fire and the building was expected to be reoccupied in the immediate future.

Fairview Fire District Chief Christopher Maeder said, "This is an excellent example of how a sprinkler system in a building can save lives and property. "